The event gathered all stakeholders among LUISS academic community as key actors playing a major role in implementing foreseen transformations in the University. The workshop goal was to identify, jointly with LUISS stakeholders, all barriers, needs, expectations and framework conditions that can influence the institutional transformations.
In the CATALISI context, LUISS has decided to focus on four major intervention areas:
- Mainstreaming of open science and digitisation of research
- Public engagement with and outreach to society to solve social challenges
- Supporting talent circulation – mobility
- Sustainability in Research
The discussions were focused around identified short-, medium- and long-term goals foreseen in the 4 areas. In particular:
- How to raise awareness about Open Science among the Faculty and on a governance level, to improve the quality of publications in Open Access and develop innovative tools for Open Science.
- How to support public engagement, as the University Third Mission, increasing the internal awareness towards Third Mission, the quality of public engagement activities done in LUISS with the active involvement of the Faculty, and ultimately enhance Luiss’ role in the national and international debate on Third Mission.
- How to promote and improve LUISS’ policies to attract ERC an MSCA researchers, promoting talent circulation.
- How to promote research funding opportunities on sustainability issues at large and increase the number of quality researchers through external funding and tools which support financial sustainability.
Gathering experiences, thoughts and propositions from LUISS community, the results of the workshop will contribute greatly to the action plan for institutional transformation to be developed in 2023, together with the help and support of facilitating partners and innovative acceleration services foreseen in CATALISI.